Recipe by Kerfuffle-Upon-Wincle
Modified from Woman's Day magazine, May 2013. Cook time is time for the dressing flavors to meld.
Top Review by teresas
I loved all the flavors except the cumin...it really is over powering...maybe just a dash would work...the citrus adds a nice tartness and the sugar make it sweet...the cilantro gives it a nice kick...I'm always happy finding a new dish for radishes...next time I think I will just omit the cumin...may try a touch of cayenne to add a little heat...=)
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pinch ground cumin (optional)
- 1 dash salt
- fresh coarse ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 6 small radishes (very thinly sliced)
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 sweet onion (very thinly sliced, then chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh whole cilantro leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small jar, combine juices, olive oil, optional cumin, salt, pepper, and sugar, Shake several times until sugar dissolves. Set aside at room temperature.
- In a bowl combine radishes, chopped onion, and cilantro leaves.
- Shake the dressing, and pour over the radish mixture. Stir gently to cover.
- Serves one.