Prep 3 mins
Cook 15 mins
Modified from Woman's Day magazine, May 2013. Cook time is time for the dressing flavors to meld.
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pinch ground cumin (optional)
- 1 dash salt
- fresh coarse ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 6 small radishes (very thinly sliced)
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 sweet onion (very thinly sliced, then chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh whole cilantro leaf
- In a small jar, combine juices, olive oil, optional cumin, salt, pepper, and sugar, Shake several times until sugar dissolves. Set aside at room temperature.
- In a bowl combine radishes, chopped onion, and cilantro leaves.
- Shake the dressing, and pour over the radish mixture. Stir gently to cover.
- Serves one.
I loved all the flavors except the cumin...it really is over powering...maybe just a dash would work...the citrus adds a nice tartness and the sugar make it sweet...the cilantro gives it a nice kick...I'm always happy finding a new dish for radishes...next time I think I will just omit the cumin...may try a touch of cayenne to add a little heat...=)
I loved the beautiful color combination in this recipe....just beautiful. I found the cumin flavor a bit strong, but really enjoyed the radishes and the cilantro. Beautiful dish! Thanks for sharing. Made for Photo Tag game.
I enjoyed the combination of citrus and cilantro flavors in this salad. It's pretty too! I thought the cumin added a surprise element and it could even be served with fish or shrimp tacos. I thin sliced the radishes on a mandoline and liked the result. Made for Spring Safari PAC.