Prep 3 mins
Cook 15 mins
Modified from Woman's Day magazine, May 2013. Cook time is time for the dressing flavors to meld.
Make and share this Citrusy Radish and Cilantro Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pinch ground cumin (optional)
- 1 dash salt
- fresh coarse ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 6 small radishes (very thinly sliced)
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 sweet onion (very thinly sliced, then chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh whole cilantro leaf
- In a small jar, combine juices, olive oil, optional cumin, salt, pepper, and sugar, Shake several times until sugar dissolves. Set aside at room temperature.
- In a bowl combine radishes, chopped onion, and cilantro leaves.
- Shake the dressing, and pour over the radish mixture. Stir gently to cover.
- Serves one.
I loved all the flavors except the cumin...it really is over powering...maybe just a dash would work...the citrus adds a nice tartness and the sugar make it sweet...the cilantro gives it a nice kick...I'm always happy finding a new dish for radishes...next time I think I will just omit the cumin...may try a touch of cayenne to add a little heat...=)
I loved the beautiful color combination in this recipe....just beautiful. I found the cumin flavor a bit strong, but really enjoyed the radishes and the cilantro. Beautiful dish! Thanks for sharing. Made for Photo Tag game.
I enjoyed the combination of citrus and cilantro flavors in this salad. It's pretty too! I thought the cumin added a surprise element and it could even be served with fish or shrimp tacos. I thin sliced the radishes on a mandoline and liked the result. Made for Spring Safari PAC.