Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I got the recipe for this chocolate tart from the show "The Naked Chef" by Jamie Oliver. I haven't tried it yet but it seems like a great easy to make dessert. See how you go with it. Good Luck!
- 1 frozen sweet tart crust
- 140 g unsalted butter
- 250 g 70% cocoa dark chocolate
- 1 pinch salt
- 8 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 large eggs
- 200 g caster sugar
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup or 3 tablespoons corn
- Preheat oven to 150°C.
- Bake the pastry shell for about 10 minutes or until it is almost cooked and golden.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl add butter, chocolate, salt and cocoa powder. Put bowl over a saucepan with simmering water and heat until melted and glossy.
- While above is melting, mix together eggs and caster sugar until smooth.
- Then add sour cream and golden syrup to the eggs and mix again till you get a smooth mixture.
- Now add the melted chocolate mixture to the eggs and mix well until combined.
- Pour this batter into the prepared pastry shell and bake for 40 minutes at 150°C.
- Cool. Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve with whipped cream.
I have made this recipe numerous times over the years (must have had this receipe for 5 years now). I used Lyle's Golden Syrup in it and the tart it SOOOO yummy and easy to make. There are never any leftovers.