Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Delicious dessert from my momma's kitchen.
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml white corn syrup
- 236.59 ml peanut butter
- 1419.54 ml Rice Krispies
- 170.09 g chocolate chips
- 170.09 g butterscotch chips
- Mix sugar and white syrup and bring mixture to a boil.
- Blend in peanut butter.
- Blend in rice crispies.
- Spread into 13" by 9" buttered pan.
- Melt chocolate chips and butterscotch chips over a double boiler or in microwave.
- Spread melted mixture over ingredients in pan.
- Let cool until chocolate has hardened.
Mmmm, so good! These are extremely rich, and have a great butterscotch flavor. I have had scotcheroos before, but never actually made them myself. I used to just make the rice krispie part and not the chocolate topping...this allows the peanut butter flavor to stand out more, but I enjoy the layer of chocolate on top as well!
Thanks for posting this childhood memory - used it to use up some rice krispies I had on hand - much to everyone's delight!
These are delicious but a tad too sweet for even my taste. I think next time I will have to cut down the sugar somehow. They are delicious though and we will be making again.