1/2 Photos of Chocolate Orange Cheesecake With Orange-Tangerine Glaze
1 hr 30 mins
I love the combination of chocolate and orange and they unite wonderfully in this recipe. We usually make this for Christmas but it would be good anytime of the year. If you cannot find orange and tangerine marmalade, substitute orange marmalade. I like to drizzle chocolate ganache over the marmalade glaze which creates a beautiful presentation. Make the cheesecake 1-2 days in advance to allow the flavors to bloom. From Gourmet magazine, January 1995.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 30 chocolate wafers, ground fine in a food processor (1 3/4 cups)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 lbs cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated orange zest (from about 4 navel oranges)
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier or 2 tablespoons other orange-flavored liqueur
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large whole eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3/4 cup orange and tangerine marmalade (about 7 1/2 ounces)
- 2In a small bowl stir together wafer crumbs and butter until combined well. Pat crumb mixture onto bottom and 1 inch up side of a 9-inch springform pan and chill crust 30 minutes.
- 4Preheat oven to 300°F
- 5In a bowl with an electric mixer beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Beat in sugar gradually until mixture is combined well. Beat in sour cream, zest, orange juice, liqueur, salt, and flour. Beat in whole eggs and yolk, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 6Wrap bottom and side of springform pan with three 14- by 12-inch pieces of foil, 1 at a time, arranging each piece in a different position to make sure foil is at least 1 1/2 inches up side all around. Put pan in a large baking dish and pour filling into crust. Put dish in middle of oven and with a measuring cup slowly add enough water to it to reach 1/4 inch up side of springform pan, being careful not to let any water inside foil. (Cooling in water bath prevents cheesecake surface from cracking.)
- 7Bake cheesecake 1 hour 15 minutes, or until edges are just set but middle still trembles slightly. Turn off oven and let cheesecake stand 1 hour (cheesecake will continue to set as it stands). Remove dish from oven carefully and transfer cheesecake in pan to a rack to cool completely. Remove foil and chill cheesecake, covered loosely, 6 hours or overnight.
- 9In a small saucepan melt marmalade over moderate heat, stirring, and cool to warm.
- 10Remove side of springform pan and spread marmalade evenly on top of cheesecake. Chill cheesecake 2 hours (glaze will soften if served at room temperature).
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Orange Cheesecake With Orange-Tangerine Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 510.5
- Calories from Fat 286
- Total Fat 31.8 g
- Saturated Fat 18.6 g
- Cholesterol 169.2 mg
- Sodium 397.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 38.2 g
- Protein 8.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: