Chocolate Orange Cheesecake Bars
From Hershey. Haven't tried yet.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- pecan halves (optional)
CHOCOLATE ORANGE FILLING
- 1 (8 ounce) package light cream cheese, softened
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly grated orange peel
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Stir together flour, brown sugar and cinnamon in large bowl. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in chopped pecans. Reserve 3/4 cup flour mixture. Press remaining mixture firmly onto bottom of ungreased 9-inch square baking pan. Bake 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, prepare chocolate orange filling: beat cream cheese and sugar in medium bowl until fluffy. Add cocoa, milk, egg, vanilla and orange peel; beat until smooth.
- Spread filling over warm crust. Sprinkle with reserved flour mixture. Press pecan halves lightly onto top, if desired. Return to oven. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool; cut into bars. Cover; refrigerate leftover bars.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION