Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Haven't tryed this, don't have an ice cream maker as yet.... if you are lucky enough to own an ice cream maker you might want to give this a try, no fat, and looks really yummy, I think it would make a great after dinner dessert to serve to guests!
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dutch unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a medium saucepan whisk together water sugar and cocoa powder over medium heat until sugar dissolves and mixture comes to a boil.
- Stir in espresso powder and vanilla.
- Chill and then transfer to ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer's directions.
- Transfer sorbet to a container and freeze until firm.
- This can be made up to 3 days ahead.
If you love chocolate then you will love this. I made this up the night before and placed it in a container with a tight fitting lid and allowed it to sit in the freezer overnight. It was a nice ending to a heavier dinner on Valentines.