1/1 Photo of Chocolate Bavarian Pie
This recipe came from my grandmother, Effie McGregor Reinecke. It is a family favorite and my kids just love it. I am putting it here for safe keeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2Crush up the package of Chocolate Wafers (Save 1/4 cup crushed wafers for the topping).
- 3Add the 1/3 cup melted butter to the crushed up Chocolate Wafers.
- 4Press mixture into the bottom of an 9 x 9 pyrex dish.
- 5Chill while making the filling.
- 6Soften gelatin in water.
- 7Combine egg yolks, sugar and salt, then slowly add scaled milk.
- 8Cook in a double boiler until the mixture coats a spoon,about 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Do not overcook.
- 9Add softened gelatin and mix well, then cool the mixture.
- 10Add the vanilla.
- 11Fold in the beaten egg whites and whipped cream.
- 12Pour mixture onto the Chocolate Wafer crust.
- 13Sprinkle the 1/4 cup of dry Chocolate Wafers over the top.
- 14Chill throughly.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Bavarian Pie
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.3
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 113.9 mg
- Sodium 366.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 14.1 g
- Protein 6.0 g