Music Parents Famous Frito Pie
This is a recipe that I came up with to sell at our local festivals. And wow what a hit. Try it the kids just love it.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed tomatoes with juice
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans (do not drain)
- Fritos corn chips
- grated cheddar cheese
- Brown beef with onions and garlic.
- Drain off excess fat.
- Add tomatoes, chili powder, sugar, salt and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cover and simmer 1 hour.
- Add beans, juice and all.
- Simmer uncovered for 15 minutes or until thick.
- Serve over Frito corn chips, rice or use for chili dogs.
- Top with grated cheddar cheese for a special treat.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is pretty good stuff. I have made this twice now. The first time, I made it exactly as posted and it came out good, but a little too sweet for us (we like a spicier chili). So, the second time I made it, I reduced the sugar to 1 tsp and added some cayenne pepper. It turned out wonderful. Thanks for the great recipe!2Reply
Wow, I wish I could give this recipe more stars. The entire family loved it. I fixed exactly as written except I used some extra garlic and I just guessed at the amount of crushed tomatoes because I had a large 28 ounce can (I actually used a little more than 16 ounces in the recipe). I got exactly 5 cups of chili-just enough for 1 cup for each family member! It was so good that next time I plan on doubling the recipe. This will be a family regular from now on.2Reply
see 8 more