photo by Derf2440
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat (imitation also works well)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups queso fresco, grated ("or" other white farmer's cheese)
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 8-inch fat-free flour tortillas
- Shred crab meat; mix together with sour cream, lime juice, and green onions in a small bowl.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat griddle or small frying pan with a small amount of oil or cooking spray.
- Take a tortilla, place about 1/8 of crab mixture on it and spread evenly.
- Top with 1oz.
- (about 1/4 cup) cheese and sprinkle with some chopped cilantro.
- Place on hot griddle; when cheese starts to melt, fold in half.
- Allow to heat through and brown nicely, then remove from heat.
- Repeat with other tortillas.
- Quesadillas can be kept warm on a stoneware plate or baking dish in the oven on warm while you are busy with the others.
- Serve topped with a dallop of sour cream or guacamole, and wedges of lime, if you wish.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 5 more reviews
We literally just finished eating these, well, sort of. I subbed tuna for the crab, I know, i know, totally changes the recipe, BUT it worked great, and we loved it. I cannot wait to try with crab, and considering I always have the other ingredients on hand, I won't have to wait for long. Thanks for this great (sub-able!!) recipe.
These were a real treat!! and soo delicious! I did have to make a couple of changes, I used plain no fat yoghurt instead of sour cream, a mix of mozzarella and parmesan, had no cilantro so used parsley, and whole wheat tortillas. The fresh lime flavour was perfect with the crab, I did use real crab :yummy:, it allowed the taste of the crab to come through. Just had 6 ounces of crab so I just made 4 quesadillas and cut back the other ingredients accordingly. We would certainly make these again, thanks for sharing a great one!!