This was originally a recipe for the crock pot. I tend not to use my crock pot too often for meals because I'm away from home for more than 10 hours and I don't have one that can be programmed. I've adapted it to be made on the stove top, but you could still make it in the crock pot. Just put all the ingredients in your crock pot and cook on low for 7-8 hours (or 3 1/2-4 hours on high).
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, minced
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can navy beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, cut in 6 wedges
- Brown chicken and onion in a dutch oven sprayed with cooking spray until chicken is slightly browned.
- Add remaining ingredients, except cilantro to dutch oven.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes until chicken is cooked and the mixture is slightly thickened.
- Remove bay leaf before serving and add cilantro.
- Serve with lime wedges.