Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
This is a recipe that I have been making for a long time now, its one by Dinah Shore, and is very fast easy and great. Give it a try.
- 1 lb medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped (white or yellow cooking)
- 1⁄4 cup freshly chopped green onion (including stems)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 cup red tomato ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons chinese chili paste with garlic
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 2 cups peanut oil, for frying
- Halve the clean deveined shrimp lengthwise.
- Combine the cornstarch and salt in a small bowl, and sprinkle evenly tossing shrimp.
- Add oil to wok and heat to 375 degrees F. Deep fry shrimp for one minutes, and then remove to paper towels to drain.
- Pour off all the oil into a stainless pot, to cool for further use.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the peanut oil back into wok, add both the cooking onion and the green onions, and ginger,and stir fry for one minute over medium high heat.
- Increase heat to high now and add the ketchup, stock and sugar, bring to a boil, stirring all the time.
- Add now the cooked shrimp, chili paste and sherry, stir fry briskly for about thirty seconds only.