Grilled Ginger Shrimp
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 6mins
- 1 cup minced green onions with top
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄4 cup grated gingerroot
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 lbs shrimp, peeled,deveined
- Soak 16 bamboo skewers in water.
- Pour mixture of green onions, salad oil, soy sauce, sherry, gingerroot, lemon juice and sugar over shrimp in nonreactive dish, turning to coat.
- Marinate, covered, in refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Drain, discarding marinade.
- Thread shrimp on skewers.
- Grill over medium-hot coals for 3 minutes per side or until shrimp turn pink, turning once.
Join The Conversation
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
A professional actor from Philly, Mark is half Armenian and of the first generation born in this country. Growing up with his aunts (Sophie & Louise) who would make Armenian food he loved and loves even more to this day! During the Armenian Diaspora his moved to France. As a result of the family history and learning to cook the food, Mark's passion is Armenian. In addition he has adapted the Armenian to American ways of cooking and created a BBQ style with an Armenian flare.