Recipe by Sackville
A quick and tasty dinner dish.
Top Review by Sue Lau
This was a nice tasting stir-fry we all enjoyed. It was interesting how braising the chicken gave it the flavor of the bell pepper, which was sweet and peppery, but not spicy. I wouldn't suggest adding a bunch of favorite veggies to this because it cooks so long. I chose to make a veggie stir-fry on the side. I didn't really notice the hot chilli; if anyone doesn't like spicy they could leave it out and this would still taste good. But if someone is looking for spicy they could add a lot more. Thanks for the recipe Friedel!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄2 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium chili, deseeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 200 ml vegetable stock
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large deep frying pan or wok and add the garlic, onion, chopped chilli, pepper, chicken and ginger.
- Fry for about 5 minutes at a high heat.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pan and continue cooking until most of the liquid has evaporated, and the chicken is cooked through, about 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with rice or noodles.