Recipe by DailyInspiration
Recipe is from the Nothing But the Best cookbook. Sounds simple but delicious! Prep time does not include marinating time in refrigerator.
Top Review by Debbwl
Wow!! This is a true taste delight of sweet, salty and nutty all painted on blanched asparagus pallet. I made as written being careful not to over blanch the asparagus. This is one of those recipes I will be pulling out every asparagus season. Thanks for the 10 star post.
- 2 lbs fresh asparagus
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (or sugar substitute if desired)
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, toasted and finely chopped
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Remove scales from stalks with a vegetable peeler, if desired. Cook asparagus in boiling salted water to cover 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain well. Place asparagus in a large heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bag.
- Combine sugar and next 3 ingredients; pour over asparagus. Seal bag securely, and gently turn to coat. Marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour, turning once.
- Remove asparagus from marinade, reserving marinade. Place asparagus on a serving platter, and drizzle with reserved marinade. Sprinkle asparagus with toasted pecans and pepper.