Greek Spinach Cheese Rolls (Appetisers)
I found these in a Diabetic cookbook! Sounds simple and delicious!! The directions indicate using a store-brought ready to use bread dough, but if you want to make your own, that's fine, too.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb frozen bread dough
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dried
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat monterey jack cheese
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- If using a store bought bread dough, allow the bread to thaw according to the package directions. Spray a standard Muffin Pan with nonstick spray. Roll out dough lightly with flour to 15X9 inch rectangle.
- Combine spinach, cheeses, green onions, and seasonings in a large bowl. Mix Well.
- Sprinkle spinach mixture evenly over the dough to within 1 inch of the edeges. Starting with long edge, roll the dough up snugly, pinching the seam close. Place the seam side down, and cut with serrated knife into about 15 slices. Place slices, cut side up, in to the prepared muffin pan.
- Bake the rolls at 375* for 20-25 minutes or until golden. Seve warm or at room temperature.
- The rolls can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
We love spanakopita and this was a great way to serve it. We used cream cheese in lieu of the monterey jack and left out the salt as feta is salty enough. I used just half the spinach called for and for the dough, I used puff pastry sheets to get a more traditional phyllo type dough. I sprayed them with butter flavor non-stick cooking spray once they were fully assembled and put em in the oven to bake. They took about 35 minutes to cook, turning them after about 20 minutes. Made for TYM game. Thanks for sharing the recipe. :)Reply