Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Yummy! A different chili mac. :)
- 1 (16 ounce) package egg noodles
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 16 ounces sour cream
- kosher salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 4 cups chili, warmed (recommended Johnny Jalapeno's Thieving Bandit Chili)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 325°F Begin cooking noodles according to package directions. Have cream cheese and sour cream ready.
- Remove noodles from heat, drain in collander, and return directly to pot. add cream cheese, sour cream, salt, and black pepper. Stirr thoroughly, mixing well.
- Lightly grease a 9x9 pan with butter or spray butter. Spread half the noodle mixture into pan. Spread chili over top, then spread remaining noodles. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and cayenne pepper.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes or until heated through.
Went over with flying colors. Made this as posted except the kids wanted some diced onion in this, so I did. (about 1/8 cup or so.)Great weeknight dish. Loved the (hotness) of this too. Made for PRMR tag.
Made this with a chicken chili recipe that I have & that worked out very well for us! Your recipe nicely stretched out the chili for 4 of us, with just a bit left over for 2 of us to enjoy! Definitely a recipe I'll be making periodically! Thanks for posting this great keeper! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
This was a nice change of pace for us. The coolness of the cream cheese/sour cream/pasta mixture worked nicely alongside the heat of the chilli (we like it HOT!). Really easy to throw together too,which is always a bonus. I used low fat cream cheese,sour cream and cheddar,and didn't feel that we were compromised in the slightest. Thanks for sharing guys!!