Potato Chip Tuna Noodle Casserole
photo by Grammabobbie
- Ready In:
- 1 (8 ounce) package egg noodles
- 2 (6 1/4 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- potato chips, crushed for topping
- Cook noodles in boiling salted water per package instructions.
- Mix remaining ingredients together well except for chips.
- Add drained tuna mixture to cooked and drained noodles.
- Place all in greased 2-quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with crushed chips.
- BAKE: 350ºF. oven for 45 minutes.
This was very good! My daughter requested Tuna Casserole for dinner and it has been a long time since I've made it so I found your recipe. Fast and simple with peas as a side dish! I skipped the thyme and the potato chip topping and just topped with cheese the last 5 minutes. It filled up a 2 QT dish perfectly so next time I may use a larger dish. Thanks so much for posting!
see 2 more reviews
Now I tweaked it a bit, used the whole 12 pkg curly noodles, melted butter and stirred that in the drained noodles so it wouldn't clump with the cold milk. Did use the thyme, my special black pepper and ground bell pepper mix, ended up using the whole 8 oz pkg grated cheddar cheese. Just a touch of cayenne. I topped it with crushed saltine cracker crumbs with a couple tablespoons melted butter. I only slightly salted the boiling water for the noodles; it doesn't need any more salt. It did end up needing a little larger casserole dish than the 9X12 baking dish that filled too close to the top. Toyed with the idea of adding the peas as some do and decided to have them as a side.