10 hrs 45 mins
I've been playing with this recipe for a couple years. Chunky meat, not too spicy or hot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup beef broth
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes
- 4 ounces tomato sauce
- 7 ounces chopped green chili peppers
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chili beans
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 poblano pepper
- 1 lb beef stew meat, cut small cubes
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1Set oven to broil at 500 degrees.
- 2Roast poblano pepper in oven, turn often until the pepper is charred black.
- 3Remove pepper from oven and place in brown paper bag to sweat.
- 4Turn crockpot on low.
- 5Put first 15 ingredients in crock pot and mix well.
- 6Heat some olive oil in a large skillet at medium heat.
- 7Sauté garlic, onions, and green bell pepper for 4-5 minutes.
- 8Add sautéed vegetables to the crock pot.
- 9Remove poblano chili from brown paper bag, remove the charred skin, chop, and add to the crock pot.
- 10Dredge the beef in flour and brown in skillet. Add more oil if necessary.
- 11Add meat to the crock pot.
- 12Cook 8-10 hours.
- 13Let the crockpot cool and place in the refrigerator over night.
- 142 hours before serving, remove the crockpot from the refrigerator, turn crockpot on low, and heat the chili until hot.
Nutritional Facts for Chili
Serving Size: 1 (418 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 434.4
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 48.3 mg
- Sodium 892.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.5 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 32.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo