Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I've been playing with this recipe for a couple years. Chunky meat, not too spicy or hot.
Make and share this Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup beef broth
- 14 ounces fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 4 ounces tomato sauce
- 7 ounces chopped green chili peppers
- 1⁄2 can hot rotel
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chili beans
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 poblano pepper
- 1 lb beef stew meat, cut small cubes
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1⁄2 lb prepared pulled pork
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- Set oven to broil at 500 degrees.
- Roast poblano pepper in oven, turn often until the pepper is charred black.
- Remove pepper from oven and place in brown paper bag to sweat.
- Turn crockpot on low.
- Put first 16 ingredients in crock pot and mix well.
- Heat some olive oil in a large skillet at medium heat.
- Sauté garlic, onions, and green bell pepper for 4-5 minutes.
- Add sautéed vegetables to the crock pot.
- Remove poblano chili from brown paper bag, remove the charred skin, chop, and add to the crock pot.
- Dredge the beef in flour and brown in skillet. Add more oil if necessary.
- Add meat to the crock pot.
- Brown the Italian sausage. Add sausage to the crock pot.
- Cook 8-10 hours.
- Let the crockpot cool and place in the refrigerator over night.
- 2 hours before serving, remove the crockpot from the refrigerator, turn crockpot on low, and heat the chili until hot.