Recipe by CarolAT
This is a wonderful full flavored tortilla soup. The mixture of chipotle in adobo sauce and chili powder gives this soup a great rich flavor. This recipe is from the Food Network Kitchens.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth, canned
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro leaf
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1 dozen corn tortilla chips, broken a bit
- lime wedge (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, chipotle, chili powder, and salt and cook until the onion softens, about 15 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, bring to a boil, reduce the heat slightly, and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Add the corn and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Pull the saucepan from the heat and stir in the tomato, chicken, cilantro, and lime juice.
- Divide the tortilla chips among 4 warmed bowls, ladle the soup on top, and serve with the lime wedges, if desired.