Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Super easy chicken tacos using a rotisseri chicken which we enjoyed. The original recipe used cumin which I subbed with chiil powder. Recipe source: local newspaper
- 2 limes, juice and zest
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (see note in description)
- 1 store-bought rotisserie chicken, shreddeed
- 8 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium red onions, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt (I used sea salt)
- shredded cheese, salsa, chopped tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Whisk together lime juice, zest, soy sauce, cilantro and chil powder in a large bowl. Add chicken and toss.
- Wrap stacked tortillas in foil and place in oven to warm.
- In a skilletg heat olie oil and then add vegetables (onions - peppers) and saute over high heat until browned (10-15 minutes). Stir in garlic salt and pepper and cook another 2 mintues. Add chicken mixture and heat until chicken is warm.
- Spoon chicken/vegetable mixture down center of each tortilla. Serve with desired compliments.
Update. It is now my go to recipe for an easy interesting dinner. Had it 3 times so far.Superb. Dinner in a flash, all you do is fry up the vegetables and add the chicken mix in. Really good flavor. we used a chipotle taco sauce but any you like works.
Great flavor! I used just the breast meat and it was very good with the sauce. I left out the cilantro (do NOT like it), used 1/2 the amount of onions, and used all red peppers and cut them in strips so DH could pick them out. Topped with cheese, tomatoes, lettuce and salsa and served with rice. Made for PRMR.