Recipe by ellie_
Super easy chicken tacos using a rotisseri chicken which we enjoyed. The original recipe used cumin which I subbed with chiil powder. Recipe source: local newspaper
Top Review by MarraMamba
Update. It is now my go to recipe for an easy interesting dinner. Had it 3 times so far.Superb. Dinner in a flash, all you do is fry up the vegetables and add the chicken mix in. Really good flavor. we used a chipotle taco sauce but any you like works.
- 2 limes, juice and zest
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (see note in description)
- 1 store-bought rotisserie chicken, shreddeed
- 8 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium red onions, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt (I used sea salt)
- shredded cheese, salsa, chopped tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Whisk together lime juice, zest, soy sauce, cilantro and chil powder in a large bowl. Add chicken and toss.
- Wrap stacked tortillas in foil and place in oven to warm.
- In a skilletg heat olie oil and then add vegetables (onions - peppers) and saute over high heat until browned (10-15 minutes). Stir in garlic salt and pepper and cook another 2 mintues. Add chicken mixture and heat until chicken is warm.
- Spoon chicken/vegetable mixture down center of each tortilla. Serve with desired compliments.