Old El Paso Baked Spicy Chicken Tacos
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Baked chicken tacos
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 (1 ounce) packet old el paso hot and spicy taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can old el paso chopped green chilies
- 10 old el paso stand and stuff taco shells
- 0.5 (16 ounce) can old el paso refried beans
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- toppings such as old el paso sliced jalapeno, sour cream, salsa, chopped cilantro, shredded lettuce
- Preheat oven to 400°F Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a medium skillet.
- Add onion to skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the onion is translucent and fragrant.
- Stir in the chicken, taco seasoning, tomatoes, and green chiles. Stir to combine fully. Reduce to simmer and allow to cook for 5-8 minutes.
- Place the taco shells in the baking dish, standing up. I was able to fit 10 taco shells in the dish by adding 2 on each side.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of beans into the bottom of each taco shell. Top with the chicken mixture, almost to the top of each shell.
- Sprinkle each shell generously with shredded cheese, the more the better!
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until cheese is fully melted and the edges of the shells are browned.
- Remove from the oven and top with your favorite items such as jalapenos, sour cream, cilantro, and salsa.
- Tips: Be sure to drain the tomatoes completely, this will help the taco shells to not get soggy while baking!
- If you prefer your tacos not spicy, just omit the green chilis and use regular Old El Paso Taco Seasoning.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION