Buffalo Chicken Tacos
photo by Lynn in MA
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup Frank's red hot sauce
- 3 cups shredded roasted chicken
- 8 (6 inch) crunchy taco shells, warmed (or corn tortillas)
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- blue cheese, crumbles
- sliced green onion, garnish
- creamy blue cheese dressing, garnish (optional)
- sliced celery, garnish (optional)
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, stir together the hot sauce and butter until the butter melts and emulsifies into the hot sauce. Add the shredded chicken and stir to coat. Heat it in the sauce for a few minutes, stirring constantly, just until the chicken is heated through. Don't over cook or the sauce will separate.
- Serve the shredded Buffalo chicken filling with warmed taco shells or corn tortillas, lettuce, green onions, celery and/or crumbled blue cheese or blue cheese dressing, as desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!