A very unique soup! You must try, especially if you are a gouda lover, like me! The caraway and gouda blend together to create a very unique flavor combination. I omit the butternut squash as DH and I aren't big fans. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon coriander, ground
- 1 1/2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper, ground
- 7 ounces gouda cheese, shredded
- 1Saute chicken, onion, garlic, coriander, and caraway seeds in olive oil over medium heat in a large stock pot or dutch oven for about 10 minutes.
- 2Add butternut squash, beans, chicken broth, salt and pepper.
- 3Bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
- 5Stir in the shredded gouda cheese and serve!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Soup With Gouda
Serving Size: 1 (462 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 371.5
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 82.7 mg
- Sodium 1760.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 32.2 g