Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Nice combo of ingredients, turns out perfect everytime.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 red pepper, chopped
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 3 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 8 ounces cooked chicken, cold,without skin and bone
- 4 ounces cooked sausage, sliced
- 3 ounces frozen peas
- Heat the oil in a saucepan add the onion, celery and pepper.
- Cook over a gentle heat until soft.
- Add the rice, chicken stock, tomato puree and Tabasco sauce.
- Simmer uncovered about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cold meat, sausage and peas and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Switch off the heat, cover and leave to stand for 5 minutes before serving.