My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb penne rigate, uncooked
- 3 chicken breast halves, cut into bite size chunks
- 2 medium red bell peppers, sliced into strips
- 1 small onion, sliced into strips
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 (5 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 10 black olives, sliced
- 3/4 cup fresh basil leaf, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon dried parsley
For the Sauce
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2Meanwhile, make sauce.
- 3Melt butter, heavy cream and cream cheese.
- 4Add parmesan cheese and garlic powder.
- 5Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes over low heat.
- 6Heat 1 tbs olive oil and toast pine nuts until golden brown. Drain on paper towel and set aside.
- 7Add remaining oil to the pan and sauté onions for 2 minutes.
- 8Add red peppers and pepper flakes and sauté until onions are translucent.
- 9Add chicken pieces. Sauté until chicken is cooked through.
- 10Add mushrooms, olives, basil and parsley.
- 11Stir in sauce and pine nuts.
- 12Drain pasta, and stir into mixture.
- 13Let simmer for a few minutes.
- 14Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Penne Alfredo
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 523.2
- Calories from Fat 361
- Total Fat 40.1 g
- Saturated Fat 18.0 g
- Cholesterol 98.1 mg
- Sodium 270.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 15.1 g