Top Review by bel007
Loved this recipe! The only thing that I did different was to use fresh mushrooms. I also used twice the sauce! My husband is not fond of me testing recipes, but even he said the recipe was a keeper!
- 1⁄2 lb penne rigate, uncooked
- 3 chicken breast halves, cut into bite size chunks
- 2 medium red bell peppers, sliced into strips
- 1 small onion, sliced into strips
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 (5 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 10 black olives, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon dried parsley
For the Sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, make sauce.
- Melt butter, heavy cream and cream cheese.
- Add parmesan cheese and garlic powder.
- Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes over low heat.
- Heat 1 tbs olive oil and toast pine nuts until golden brown. Drain on paper towel and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to the pan and sauté onions for 2 minutes.
- Add red peppers and pepper flakes and sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add chicken pieces. Sauté until chicken is cooked through.
- Add mushrooms, olives, basil and parsley.
- Stir in sauce and pine nuts.
- Drain pasta, and stir into mixture.
- Let simmer for a few minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!