Penne Alfredo for One
Here’s a recipe for all my single friends out there. Just because you’re cooking for one doesn’t mean you can’t indulge every now and again. You'll love this creamy sauce and it's fresh Italian appeal.
- Ready In:
- 2 ounces penne pasta (I like Dreamfields)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄8 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (or a little more, about a small handful)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 slices bacon (fully cooked and crumbled)
- 2 basil leaves (cut into tiny ribbons)
- 1⁄16 cup diced roma tomato ((to taste)
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- In a very small sauce pan melt butter over low heat.
- Add in garlic and onion, sauté till soft.
- Pour in cream, bring to slow boil stirring continuously for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add Parmesan, stir till melted inches.
- Add Nutmeg and bacon. Stir.
- Add Pasta to sauce toss till covered.
- Right before serving toss in basil and garnish with the diced roma tomatoes.
- WhaLaa, Delish! Add the remaining diced tomato to a nice green salad and enjoy.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I only had three ingredients for this recipe and was tired and starving, so I gave it the old collegiate try! It turned out wonderfully! Once my mini bow ties were cooked, I dumped them out of the pan, and threw in the butter and cream. Returned the pasta to the pan and threw in the cheese and stirred until it all came together. Truly delicious! JamiLeigh, thank you not only for the recipe, but the concept of making a single serving of Alfredo. This was something I had not really thought about before now!Reply