Healthy Low-Fat Penne Alfredo (Or Linguine)
photo by I Cant Believe Its
- Ready In:
- 5 teaspoons reduced fat margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2⁄3 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon fat free cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (Heaping tbsps, or to taste)
- 1 3⁄4 cups whole wheat penne (or other whole wheat noodle)
- salt and pepper
- In a large pot bring water to a boil then cook whole wheat penne while making sauce.
- In large saucepan, sauté garlic and green onion in margarine, then stir in the evaporated milk, fat-free cream cheese, cayenne, and parsley. Allow cream cheese to melt.
- Combine cornstarch and water separately until there are no lumps, and pour into milk mixture. Mix and poke at any cornstarch lumps until the sauce is smooth again.
- Cook for 2 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly. Add parmesan cheese and stir just until incorperated.
- Remove from the heat and continue stirring parmesan cheese until melted, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour over cooked and drained pasta and serve. Redfridgerate any leftovers.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src=http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/590105/hcabc.jpg>