Low Fat Fettuccine Alfredo
- Ready In:
- 6 ounces fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh garlic, chopped or 1/2 teaspoon pressed garlic, to taste
- 1 sprig basil (to garnish)
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Drain immediately and return the pasta to the cooking pot.
- Add the olive oil and toss to coat.
- Stir in the evaporated milk, cheese, garlic and basil.
- Cook over medium heat until bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Do not let the mixture cook too much or the pasta will soak up the sauce.
- The mixture should be creamy.
- Serve on warmed plates with a sprig of fresh basil for garnish.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a freelance writer who writes a syndicated newspaper column, and LOVES to cook and experiment with traditional and non-food recipes! More about me at http://www.kitchencraftsnmore.net