Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Can add in some chopped celery, or whatever you desire! Serve this at room temperature or chill and bring to room temperature before serving. The curry powder and cumin should be adjusted to taste. Cooking time does not include cooking the rice.
- 3 -4 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, chopped (or use 2 medium onions)
- 1 -3 tablespoon curry powder (or to taste)
- 3 boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips, can use pork in place of chicken cut into strips
- 4 cups cooked white rice (1-1/3 raw, cooled or cold)
- 1 (10 ounce) packagesmall frozen baby peas
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 cup raisins or 1 cup currants
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cumin (or to taste)
- salt and pepper
- Heat 3-4 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add in chopped onions and curry powder; saute for 5-6 minutes.
- Add in the chicken strips and saute until completely cooked through (about 4-5 minutes).
- Transfer the chicken to a bowl to cool (or refrigerate).
- To the skillet with the onions, add in rice, peas, roasted red peppers and raisins; mix to combine, then transfer to the bowl with the cooked chicken.
- In a bowl whisk together the 3/4 cup oil, wine vinegar and cumin.
- Add to the rice mixture in the bowl; toss well (adjusting the three ingredients to taste).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve at room temperature.