Can add in some chopped celery, or whatever you desire! Serve this at room temperature or chill and bring to room temperature before serving. The curry powder and cumin should be adjusted to taste. Cooking time does not include cooking the rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, chopped (or use 2 medium onions)
- 1 -3 tablespoon curry powder (or to taste)
- 3 boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips, can use pork in place of chicken cut into strips
- 4 cups cooked white rice (1-1/3 raw, cooled or cold)
- 1 (10 ounce) package small frozen baby peas
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1 cup raisins or 1 cup currants
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cumin (or to taste)
- salt and pepper
- 1Heat 3-4 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add in chopped onions and curry powder; saute for 5-6 minutes.
- 3Add in the chicken strips and saute until completely cooked through (about 4-5 minutes).
- 4Transfer the chicken to a bowl to cool (or refrigerate).
- 5To the skillet with the onions, add in rice, peas, roasted red peppers and raisins; mix to combine, then transfer to the bowl with the cooked chicken.
- 6In a bowl whisk together the 3/4 cup oil, wine vinegar and cumin.
- 7Add to the rice mixture in the bowl; toss well (adjusting the three ingredients to taste).
- 8Season with salt and pepper.
- 9Serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken or Pork Curry Rice With Raisins
Serving Size: 1 (547 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1080.8
- Calories from Fat 560
- Total Fat 62.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 69.6 mg
- Sodium 760.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 27.4 g
- Protein 33.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar