Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This dip is fantastic and is always a hit at parties! The best part - it is super easy and done in a matter of minutes with very little prep work. Before anyone comments that this is not really a cooking recipe, please trust that I know this is just mixing things together, not really cooking. When you are crunched for time and need something quick, this is a great dip. If you would like to spend hours in the kitchen making "artisan" fare, then choose another recipe! :)
- 1 cup of tyson's grilled and ready southwestern chicken strips
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened (This is just half of a block, just pop it into the microwave and 10 second intervals until it is sof)
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 cup cheese, Mexican mix, cheddar, whatever you have on hand
- In a microwavable bowl, microwave the chicken until it is hot (it takes my microwave 1 - 2 minutes).
- When it is hot, shred the chicken with two forks.
- Throw the cream cheese on top of the chicken and microwave on 10 second intervals until the cream cheese is softened and easy to stir.
- Stir in the salsa.
- Stir in the cheese.
- Stir in any additional ingredients that you choose. Optional - onion, black beans, cilantro - whatever you like! I usually use a red onion, but it tastes just as great without it.
- You can serve this hot or cold. I normally use Scoops, since the chicken can break thinner chips.
- This makes a small batch of appetizer portions. Double or triple the recipe if you are feeding a crowd! This dip is always one of the first to go, when I take it to parties.
This is super tasty and super easy (as advertised!) I had 6 oz cream cheese (Neufchatel) and a deli rotisserie chicken so used the white meat from that instead of the Tyson chicken. I upped everything by half to use up all of the cream cheese. Used a mild salsa and a mix of cheddar and Mexican blend cheese. Tried it cold and heated in the oven for 20 min at 375F and it was good both ways but I liked it a little better warmed. Thanks for sharing! [Made for Spring 2013 Pick A Chef]
This is super tasty and super easy (as advertised!) I had 6 oz cream cheese (Neufchatel) and a deli rotisserie chicken so used the white meat from that instead of the Tyson chicken. I upped everything by half to use up all of the cream cheese. Used a mild salsa and a mix of cheddar and Mexican blend cheese.
Hey CCG! This actually is a cooking recipe. You do have to nuke it, right?<br/>That said this recipe is very tasty and easy, and it will definitely be on my game<br/>day menu plans this fall. Thank you for sharing