Easy Chinese Steamed Tofu and Cabbage
Steamed tofu and cabbage mixed with soy sauce. Very easy and quick with little prep work especially if you use the pre-packaged coleslaw mix. Low calorie and healthy too!
- Ready In:
- Place steamer in pot and fill pot only until water reaches bottom of steamer.
- Place on stove and pour in cabbage and tofu, cover with water simmering.
- Cook until desired tenderness is reached (I like my cabbage very soft and will cook for about 15 minutes).
- When done, top with 3 teaspoons of soy sauce and mix.
- Remove from steamer and ENJOY!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I wasn't actually sure I'd LIKE this, since I'm not a fan of raw tofu, and steamed tofu isn't too different... but I think it helped that I refrigerated it after steaming it, so the tofu developed a sort of chewy texture. The directions were a bit unclear; I wasn't sure whether to press the tofu. I just patted it dry with a paper towel and then cubed it. I used a microwave steamer, and did it in two batches at about nine minutes each. I had a little bit of cabbage left over at the end. I only used two teaspoons of soy sauce, but it was just right. Made for My-3-Chefs, November 2009. Thanks for posting!Reply