Frito Chili Pie
photo by Linajjac
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1⁄2 lb ground sausage (I use mild pork sausage but you could use ground turkey, italian sausage or whatever you choose)
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small onions, chopped or 2 tablespoons minced onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 (15 ounce) cans light kidney beans, drained
- 1 teaspoon cumin, heaping
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes, heaping
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (omit this if you dont want zing)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Fritos corn chips
- shredded cheddar cheese (to garnish)
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a dutch oven or large pot.
- Cook until beef and sausage are browned and drain excess grease.
- Turn heat to medium and add remaining ingredients.
- Turn heat to medium low and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Pour a layer of Fritos onto a plate or into a bowl.
- Spoon chili over Fritos.
- Garnish with desired amount of shredded cheddar cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My name is Angela, I'm a 39 year old Real Estate Broker in Central Florida. Even though I have always sensed an inner chef dying to get out, being single with no kids, I have always viewed cooking as more of a chore than a hobby or something to enjoy. I have found that cooking for others is much more rewarding than cooking for just myself, but I do love good food so I'm on the zaar trying to broaden my horizons by developing my cooking skills and trying new dishes whether or not I have friends or family around to rave about it!