Recipe by mollypaul
An old favorite, sometimes called roumaki. From The United States Regional cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
Top Review by statesboro blues
Thank you for posting this recipe. I had these at a wedding in Savannah, GA about 25 years ago and have never forgotten how delicious they were !!! These are so good I could eat the whole pan, thanks!!
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut livers in two, season with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in saute pan and add livers; cook for one minute.
- Wrap each piece of liver in a strip of bacon and fasten with a toothpick.
- About ten minutes before serving, place bacon wrapped livers in a baking pan and broil until bacon is crisp.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot, either with toothpicks or on a small square of toast.