photo by anniesnomsblog
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled (divided)
- 1⁄2 - 3⁄4 cup red onion, chopped (divided)
- 1 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced black olives
- 6 -7 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped (divided)
- 2 1⁄2 cups Mexican blend cheese (Shredded cheddar and Monterey Jack Cheese, divided)
- 9 ounces tortilla chips (I used the multigrain tostitos, divided)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminimum foil.
- Spread 1/2 bag of Tostitos over the foil.
- Sprinkle with half the bacon, onion, peppers and 1 cup of cheese.
- Spread the remaining 1/2 bag of Tostitos on top.
- Top with remaining bacon, onion, peppers, olives and tomatoes.
- Top with 1 1/2 cup remaining cheese.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and slightly browned.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I hate being the odd one out, but based on all the other reviews, I really felt this would be a great snack for my dh. The only change I made was to use yellow onion and made just 2 servings. He said that while he did like it, there was just not much too it. The biggest thing (he said) is that this is a recipe you should eat right away because after just a few minutes, it seemed to get dry quickly (even with the melted cheese). Perhaps a dollop of sour cream for scooping would be good. I'm married to a man who loves nachos, and this one just didn't do it for him. He said he rates it 3-stars = liked it (it wasn't 'bad'), but wouldn't want it again.
Wow, 10 stars, fabulous! And very easy, get everything together - the longest part is cooking the bacon! I also slightly cooked my red onion, since I had cut it into slices rather than chopped. I added sour cream and an avocado when I served it .. I had intended to make guacamole, but then thought the avo might be nice just as was! I really love nachos and rarely prepare them, when I make something this delicious I wonder why I don't do it more often! Thanks Nimz, loved this, going to be making it much more often!