photo by Pamela
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place chicken breasts in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning on both sides of chicken breasts, and pour salsa over all.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 25 to 35 minutes, or until chicken is tender and juicy and its juices run clear.
- Sprinkle chicken evenly with cheese, and continue baking for an additional 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Top with sour cream if desired, and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
How easy was that? My butcher gets freakishly large chickens, so one breast-half was MORE than enough for the two of us. I sliced it against the grain, and fanned it over spanish rice. I did cook two, so the other one I will use in wraps or burritos tonight. Really moist, flavourful chicken, thanks!
I made this with mild taco sauce instead of salsa (so it wouldn't have the chunks from the salsa). It was a hit! The chicken was juicy and flavorful and I loved that I didn't have to marinate it so it was a low / no prep sort of meal (I don't always think ahead to dinner time...) I was very pleased with how well it turned out especially since it was so easy and required so few ingredients. I served it with Spanish style rice. Thanks so much for a keeper!