Glazed Bacon Appetizers
I just love this! It's easy to make, and I've yet to meet someone that doesn't love it and ask for the recipe. Of course, I love bacon! It's great warm, and can also be served at room temperature so you can enjoy your party without having your hair smell like bacon :) This recipe came from the Art Museum in Tampa, FL.
- Ready In:
- 12 ounces bacon, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons Burgundy wine (or other dry red wine)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Cut the bacon slices in half crosswise. Place the bacon in a single layer in an ungreased 15x10x1 inch jellyroll pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until almost crisp. Drain well. Return the bacon to the pan.
- Combine the sugar, wine, and mustard. Brush the bacon with half of the sugar mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Turn bacon; brush with the remaining sugar mixture. Bake 10 minutes or until golden (Watch closely, you don't want them too brown!).
- Serve warm or at room temperature.