Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A quick, healthy mid week meal.
- 400 g chicken breasts, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 600 ml chicken stock
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 280 g brown rice
- 2 teaspoons hot chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 100 g corn kernels (tinned or frozen)
- 100 g peas (tinned or frozen)
- salt and pepper
- Put chicken, onion, garlic, stock, tomatoes and rice in pot.
- Add chili powder, paprika and oregano.
- Stir well and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat,cover and simmer 25 minutes.
- Add peppers, sweetcorn and peas.
- Simmer further 10 minutes, covered,or until rice is tender.
- Season to taste.
The vibrant flavours of this recipe went down a treat! We really enjoyed this healthy yet flavourful dish, although I did add a little extra garlic and paprika! We'll definitely make this again!
I never had jambalaya, but I really wanted to try as I've seen the recipe a lot. This worked out great for us. Both kids enjoyed it, of course I left out the hot chili and I just sprinkled in my dish. I had no peas and I used white rice. For me it tasted Mexican and it's a great dish for kids. It's faster than the other rice dishes as it doesn't require to fry the veggies.A keeper for us.Thanks.
Great one pan meal! The kids really loved this one. I added about 2 cups of frozen mixed veggies instead of the peas, corn, and peppers. Added a bit of extra chicken broth as suggested as well. Put some Tony Chachere's Seasoning on at the table, YUM! Thanks so much for a keeper! Made for Rowdies, ZWT5.