A quick, healthy mid week meal.
Make and share this Chicken Jambalaya recipe from Food.com.
- 400 g chicken breasts, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 600 ml chicken stock
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 280 g brown rice
- 2 teaspoons hot chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 100 g corn kernels (tinned or frozen)
- 100 g peas (tinned or frozen)
- salt and pepper
- Put chicken, onion, garlic, stock, tomatoes and rice in pot.
- Add chili powder, paprika and oregano.
- Stir well and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat,cover and simmer 25 minutes.
- Add peppers, sweetcorn and peas.
- Simmer further 10 minutes, covered,or until rice is tender.
- Season to taste.