photo by Chef shapeweaver
- Ready In:
- 1 (12 ounce) can spam lite luncheon meat, cubed (I used regular )
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2⁄3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (use liquid from tomatoes)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) low sodium chicken broth (I used regular)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1⁄2 - 2 teaspoons hot sauce (recipe read 6 to 8 drops)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley (I left it off)
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium heat,saute' spam,onion,green pepper,celery,and garlic until all vegetables are tender.
- Except for rice and parsley( if using ), add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and add rice.
- Cover, and reduce heat and simmer for 20 minute or until rice is done.
- Remove bay leaf, and sprinkle with parsley ( if using).