Best Ever Zatarain's Jambalaya
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Simple, quick, and delicious! Uses Zatarain's Jambaylaya Mix to Make things simple, and tastes like you worked all day!!
- Ready In:
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 lb sausage, sliced
- 1 lb mussels
- 1 lb littleneck clams
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1⁄2 lb fresh green beans, cleaned and cut into bite size pieces
- 1⁄2 lb frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (12 ounce) box family size zatarain's jambalaya mix
- 3 cups water or 3 cups chicken broth
- hot sauce
- In a large deep frying pan, over medium high heat, saute red and green pepper, celery and onion in olive oil, until softened. About 5 minutes. Remove from pan, and set aside.
- In same pan, cook sausage, browning on all sides. Add cooked vegetables, stewed tomatoes, and Zatatrain's Jambalaya Mix. Add water/chicken and cover pan. Cook stirring occaisionally about 15 minutes.
- Add clams, mussels, shrimp, green beans, and peas. Cook an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve with crusty bread for sopping up some fantastic sauce. Add hot sauce to you liking. I am not a huge fan of spicy, so this is tangy enough for me.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was wonderful!! Great taste, easy to prepare and a hit with my family. Just enough heat too! I was not able to get mussels and did forgot the green beans at the store so I just did without, I don't think it made a difference.....since there was only three of us for dinner I used the small box of Zatarain's jambalaya mix and halved the other ingredients. I had enough to easily feed six people!! I will definitly make this again, thanks so much for such an easy recipe.Reply