This is a recipe from Austria. It's nothing like authentic curry dishes from India, but it is very nice, with a good curry taste that doesn't burn the palate. The fruit really makes the dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small onion
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tart apple
- 1 large banana
- 1 ripe peaches or 1 nectarine
- 1 cup grapes, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup dried cherries (optional)
- 2 tablespoons yellow curry powder (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream or 1 cup half-and-half
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1Melt butter in a large, heavy skillet.
- 2Finely chop onion, and simmer in the butter until soft but not brown. Lower heat to medium.
- 3Cut all the fruit into small pieces. Add all fruit except the cut up bananas at this point.
- 4Stir gently until warmed through.
- 5Add the flour and stir until it's been incorporated, about one minute.
- 6Add curry and chicken broth.
- 7Add the bananas.
- 8Let simmer on low heat for five minutes.
- 9Add cream and stir.
- 10Add cooked shredded chicken breast.
- 11Let it all come back to a low simmer.
- 12Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken in Curry Sauce With Fruit
Serving Size: 1 (545 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 821.0
- Calories from Fat 400
- Total Fat 44.4 g
- Saturated Fat 25.0 g
- Cholesterol 166.0 mg
- Sodium 169.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 17.0 g
- Protein 23.4 g