Recipe by greenery
This is a recipe from Austria. It's nothing like authentic curry dishes from India, but it is very nice, with a good curry taste that doesn't burn the palate. The fruit really makes the dish.
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small onion
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tart apple
- 1 large banana
- 1 ripe peaches or 1 nectarine
- 1 cup grapes, sliced in half
- 1⁄4 cup dried cherries (optional)
- 2 tablespoons yellow curry powder (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream or 1 cup half-and-half
- 4 cups cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large, heavy skillet.
- Finely chop onion, and simmer in the butter until soft but not brown. Lower heat to medium.
- Cut all the fruit into small pieces. Add all fruit except the cut up bananas at this point.
- Stir gently until warmed through.
- Add the flour and stir until it's been incorporated, about one minute.
- Add curry and chicken broth.
- Add the bananas.
- Let simmer on low heat for five minutes.
- Add cream and stir.
- Add cooked shredded chicken breast.
- Let it all come back to a low simmer.
- Serve over rice.