Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Once you do the prep, divide into 3 airtight containers, for here it is only 20 mins to the table whenever you need it. I have three seasoned rice mix recipes see which one you like best. Look for the other two Onion Flavored and Curry Flavored Rice Mix.
- 4 cups uncooked rice
- 4 tablespoons instant chicken bouillon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant minced onion
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 4 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Combine all ingredients and mix until evenly distributed.
- Store in a cool dry place.
- Use within 6 months.
- Cooking directions: for 8 (1/2cup) servings.
- Boil 3 cups water in a covered pan.
- Add 1 1/3 cups of rice mix; stir.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
I've started to make my own mixes,this is a great mix and so easy; I'll never go back to prepgk again. I made two batches; substituted beef boullion for the chicken for beef rice.
It's great, even with my fijian substitutions. Threw in mixed herbs instead of thyme and skipped the parsley and minced onion! Basically it's a great easy mix. About the only thing I'll do differently is just add the rice (rinsed) prior to cooking as fijian rice is extremely starch-dusty. I'm happy though and will be making it again, with the other ingredients when I find them.
This was fantastic! Being gluten free I can't eat most of the store bought rice mixes. It great to be able to keep some of these in the cupboard for nights when i feel like something a little different. Thanks for sharing!