The Realtor's Chicken Scallopini
photo by diner524
- Ready In:
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 20 capers (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon chicken base (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped (to taste)
- 2 lemon slices
- In a small bowl, stir together the garlic and butter until well combined. Set aside.
- Place a chicken breast half on a work surface with the thick side facing to the right (if you're right-handed), and place your left hand down on the chicken breast.
- Using a very sharp knife, carefully cut the chicken breast from the thick side to about 1/2 inch from the edge of the thin side, in a horizontal cut.
- Open the cut chicken breast and spread it out like an open book. Using a meat mallet, gently pound the butterflied chicken breast until it is an even thickness.
- Place the flour in a shallow dish; dredge each chicken breast on both sides with the flour.
- Melt the garlic butter in a large skillet over medium heat until it stops foaming.
- Cook each chicken breast until golden brown on both sides, 6 to 8 minutes per side.
- Sprinkle each breast with salt and pepper.
- Remove the chicken breasts to a platter, and keep warm.
- Cook and stir the mushrooms, in the same skillet, until the mushrooms have absorbed the remaining butter in the skillet and have begun to turn brown at the edges.
- Stir in capers, lemon juice, white wine, chicken base and water.
- Stir to combine. Reduce to a simmer.
- Adjust salt and pepper again; stir the parsley into the sauce.
- Remove the chicken breasts to serving plates.
- Serve the sauce over the chicken.
- Garnish each serving with a lemon slice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We loved it!!! I made this as written with the exception of leaving out the mushrooms, as DS's girlfriend was here for dinner and hates mushrooms, but I am sure I would love them in this recipe. I served the chicken, along with the sauce, over linguine. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for Please Review My Recipe Tag Game.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a full-time Realtor for Century 21 Graham Realty during the day and at night I'm a wife and mother of one 6 year old daughter, Angelina plus one small dorkie dog (dachshund-yorkie mix) named Petey. I love to cook and experiment with new recipes. I've been collecting cookbooks (I have a few hundred) and recipes for as long as I can remember. I like to buy recipe boxes at yard sales and auctions and peak through them for yummy recipe gems. I've found some really amazing recipes that way. I'm a huge fan of Le Creuset enameled cast iron cookware. I've been collecting different pieces for a few years now. I always considered myself a great cook but these pans raise things to a whole new level. I'm planning to post all of my favorite recipes that I've collected over the years. I have all these clippings and pieces of paper and magazine clips that are everywhere. My recipe boxes are packed with these things and it's time to organize the whole mess. I suppose it will take years (did I say years?!?) to get them all posted but it's worth it. So keep checking back to my posts for new goodies. I can't wait to see what long lost gems turn up. I've already run across several of my old favs. Isn't it nice to have all your best recipes all organized right here? I've also been printing them out and putting them in a nice new binder where I can actually find them when I want to make them. I LOVE this site. I have found some of the best recipes EVER right here on 'Zaar. There are some fantastic cooks here and I just want to say "Thank you" to all of you who have made me look like the greatest cook on the planet with your wonderful recipes. I try to make as many new ones each week as I can. It's so much fun experimenting. My DH of 9 years is my guinea pig- he will eat ANYTHING I put in front of him. My little girl... well, she's more of a challenge to please. Not really picky but she doesn't really like meat or stuffing or peppers or mushrooms or.... oh, the new one is onions. I could go on but you get the idea. You probably have or had one just like her. They seem to learn all about these things that they don't like at school. All of the sudden...they don't like something they've been eating for 3 years because their friend "Alyssa" doesn't like it. What a challenge it is feeding these little creatures! That's her and Petey in the picture above. <img src="http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r317/j_welcome/pics2/food/PRMRcopy.jpg"> <img src="http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e110/flower753/Food/soup_banner.jpg"> <img src="http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj81/HokiesLady65/Recipezaar%20Album/iplaytagin.jpg"><img src="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/annacia/pt-shutterbug-banner-1.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/tgifford/Game%20Room%20Banners/AM%20Banners/holidaybadge.gif" border="0" alt="Photobucket"><img src="http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/tgifford/Game%20Room%20Banners/AM%20Banners/potluckpbanner.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/7505/mybanner4a394ee84d5f0.jpg" ><img src="http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/tgifford/Game%20Room%20Banners/AM%20Banners/ZaarStar-AMBanner.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a254/Sharon123/Copyoftag300-banner.jpg" border="0" alt="Susie's Banner for Newest Zaar Tag"><img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/Animation6.gif"> <img src="http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj81/HokiesLady65/Banners/holidayprmr.jpg"><img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Holiday-plaid_HPI.gif"> <img src="http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/dcmac/PAC%20Fall%2009/Image1.jpg"> <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Participation.jpg"> <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg"><img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/participantbannerzwt5.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"><IMG src ="http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z205/jubespage/cupwitchanimation-small3.gif"> <img src ="http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u208/diner_photos/lazymecookathon.jpg"> <img src="http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/picwJT0Wr-1.jpg"> <img src="http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj81/HokiesLady65/Banners/AMBadgeGenTP2009.jpg"> <img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg">