1/2 Photos of Chicken Flautas
My favorite flauta recipe, from a Mexican cookbook by Jane Milton. The addition of cheese inside makes them very tasty! I serve these with crema (or sour creme) and homemade salsa. Cook time is for total endeavor, but doesn't include chicken prep as I often use pre-cooked or leftover chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring saucepan of water and chicken to boil.
- 2Reduce heat to simmer for 15-20 minutes, until chicken is cooked.
- 3Remove from pan.
- 4After chicken has cooled, shred with 2 forks and set aside.
- 5Chop onion and mince garlic.
- 6Add onion and garlic to heated oil and sauté on low heat until onion is soft, but not browned.
- 7Mix in chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- 8Remove from heat and add in cheese.
- 9Mix well.
- 10Soften tortillas in microwave for 30 sec.
- 11Heat frying oil until small piece of tortilla floats and bubbles.
- 12Place chicken mixture in each tortilla, roll up tightly and secure with toothpick.
- 13I recommend putting tortilla in oil immediately, as they tend to crack and come apart if left sitting.
- 14Turn flautas frequently, cooking 2-3 minutes or until golden.
- 15Drain on paper towels and serve with creme and salsa, if desired.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Flautas
Serving Size: 1 (654 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 88.5
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 11.4 mg
- Sodium 23.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: