Top Review by Kat in Texas
These are sooo good and sooo easy!!! I used sliced boneless/skinless chicken breasts but the packaged "chicken tenders" would work just as well. The amount of the ingredients and cooking time are spot on (no waste & no guesses on the cooking) -- thanks very much for that. As advertised, they are crispy on the outside & tender inside. I just polished off the leftovers for lunch...still yummy!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts or 1 lb chicken fillet
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 1⁄2 cups corn flakes, crushed
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken breasts lengthwise into strips (chicken fillets can be left as is). Coat the strips with flour then dip each in the beaten egg.
- Roll the strips in the cornflakes.
- Set the strips on wax paper until ready to cook.
- At this point the strips can be refrigerated for use the next day.
- In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, melt half of the margarine. Stir in half of the canola oil.
- Add half of the chicken and cook for 3-5 minutes per side or the until the coating is crisp and the chicken is no longer pink inside. Remove from the pan and keep the fingers warm.
- Repeat with the remaining margarine, oil and chicken fingers.
- *Oven bake method: Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Put chicken fingers on a greased cookie sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes turning once. The coating should be crisp and the chicken should be juicy without any pink inside.