Crispy Coconut Chicken Fingers
photo by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
- Ready In:
- Mix together coconut, flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder in flat dish.
- Dip chicken strips into egg, then coat with coconut mixture.
- Place in shallow baking pan and drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until brown and cooked through, turning once.
- Make sauce by combining apricot preserves and dijon mustard.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I had the same issue some others had with not browning enough and I didn't want to over cook. They did brown some though, maybe I should try them baked on a rack. However, my husband was crazy about these and said do not change a thing. He said he could eat these once a week. He ate them plain and I used packets of hot mustard and duck sauce from Chinese carry out. I used chicken tenders.
OH SO YUMMY! I've made it 3 times in a month - my husband actually requests this chicken. Used Inglehoffer Stone Ground mustard instead of the dijon, served in individual lotus dishes and it looks like a gourmet sauce! The tasty sauce is incredibly simple and would go nicely with many other dishes. Served with jasmine or basamati rice & steamed pod peas. Thank you so very much for posting!