Fried Chicken Fingers (Tenders)
Ever crave those restaurant style chicken fingers? Why pay restaurant prices for one serving when you could pay the same price for an entire meal. You'll have to vary the spices to your taste. The spices listed is how we makes these at home. Serve with buffalo wing sauce, honey mustard or BBQ sauce for dipping.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon season salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 cups canola oil (or enough for pan frying)
- Heat oil in frying pan.
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, seasoned salt, red pepper flakes and black pepper. Mix with fork until well blended.
- In a separate shallow dish, "scramble" the eggs with the milk.
- Coat each tender with flour mixture, then egg mixture, then another coat of flour mixture.
- Fry until golden brown, about 5 - 7 minutes per tender. Can cook in batches.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
I used black pepper, paprika, barbeque spice, steak and chops spice as well as 2 pinches of salt. I used one egg and about 1/8 of full cream milk. I first dipped the strips in the spice and then the egg and milk mixture and finally into spice again before deep frying them at medium heat. They were absolutely devine and I had them with sweet chilled sauce.
OH my gosh. I'm from the south and just LOVE fried chicken. This is the best tasting fried chicken coating I have ever made. I definitely like the seasoning salt for flavor, the the texture and crispiness of the crust is amazing! I think it's because there are more eggs and just a little milk, definitely more than my half and half mixture. This is a KEEPER! Thanks!