Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This makes a great brunch recipe. Recipe is an adaption of a recipe by the American Egg Board.
- 1 cup fajita seasoned chicken, cooked and diced
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese
- flour tortilla (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- In 10-inch omelet pan or skillet with ovenproof handle over medium heat, heat butter until just hot enough to sizzle a drop of water. Add pepper, onion, chili powder and cumin. Cook, stirring occasionally, until pepper is soft and onion is translucent, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add chopped tomato and diced chicken. Continue cooking 1 additional minute. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, beat together eggs and water until blended. Pour over vegetables. Cook over medium heat until eggs are almost set, about 6 to 8 minutes. Top with tomato slices. Sprinkle with cheese. Broil about 6 inches from heat until cheese is melted and eggs are completely set, about 1 to 2 minutes. Cut into wedges. Serve with tortillas and top with salsa and/or sour cream, if desired.