I love both Chicken Salad and Egg Salad sandwiches. Today I felt inspired to create a recipe which really highlighted both ingredients. This recipe doesn't have any fruit in it because I prefer no fruit in my sandwiches. For those of you who are watching your carbs this would be very good stuffed in a large tomato or on top of a green salad too. Chilling enhances flavor, but if you are hungry enough eating it immediately after preparing it tastes pretty wonderful too. Cooking time is chilling time.
- 2 large chicken breast halves (precooked and chopped in small pieces )
- 5 large eggs, hard cooked (chopped medium)
- 2 stalks celery (minced)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh onions
- 1 tablespoon minced green pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons sugar (this does not make it sweet just seems to blend the flavors nicely)
- 2 -3 cups Miracle Whip (or your favorite mayo type dressing)
- Combine all ingredients except the dressing.
- Add dressing until you achieve the ratio of dressing to other ingredients you prefer.