Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I love both Chicken Salad and Egg Salad sandwiches. Today I felt inspired to create a recipe which really highlighted both ingredients. This recipe doesn't have any fruit in it because I prefer no fruit in my sandwiches. For those of you who are watching your carbs this would be very good stuffed in a large tomato or on top of a green salad too. Chilling enhances flavor, but if you are hungry enough eating it immediately after preparing it tastes pretty wonderful too. Cooking time is chilling time.
- 2 large chicken breast halves (precooked and chopped in small pieces )
- 5 large eggs, hard cooked (chopped medium)
- 2 stalks celery (minced)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh onions
- 1 tablespoon minced green pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons sugar (this does not make it sweet just seems to blend the flavors nicely)
- 2 -3 cups Miracle Whip (or your favorite mayo type dressing)
- Combine all ingredients except the dressing.
- Add dressing until you achieve the ratio of dressing to other ingredients you prefer.
This is really great! We have quit dining out and I am tired of making the same thing all of the time. I had some grilled chicken breast in the freezer. They were marinated in Pesto, yellow mustard and olive oil. I used them plus the eggs. I had no onion so I used dehydrated soaked in lime juice and left out bell pepper. I added tarragon. I can see adding in the pepper and even red or yellow peppers.
This was really a great sandwich. I too love chicken salad and egg salad sandwiches. This is a great recipe combining the two. I had grilled my chicken yesterday so just cut it up this morning. I used green onions and no green pepper. I also cut this recipe down for 2 people. I found it tasted much better when it sat in the fridge for a bit. Really a great fast lunch to put together. Very yummy on a Kaiser roll with some lettuce. Thanks for sharing your recfipe Carrol
Yummy! This made a great lunch on a wheat roll. I doubled the onion and green pepper. I didn't even need quite 2 cups of dressing. Thanx for a great salad recipe; I'll make this again.