Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Think of chicken pot pie meets cupcakes. This make a great meal on the go or lunchbox surprise. They freeze well. Serve with a leafy salad and that's dinner!
- 1 lb chicken, skinless diced (I like dark or a mix dark and white)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese (or use what you have)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cold and cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a skillet, cook chicken in oil til no longer pink. Add onions and broth. Simmer.
- Add seasoning with peas and carrots. Simmer until all liquid is absorbed.
- Take off the heat and cool for a few minutes.
- Stir in the cheese.
- In a bowl, mix flour baking powder and salt. Cut butter in well or pulse in a food processor.
- Add milk and eggs.
- In the bottom of a silpat muffin thing (or lined tin or greased tin) place about 1 tablespoon of the biscuit mix. Top with a quarter cup of the filling.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the biscuit mix on top.
- Bake 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Loosen the sides of each with a butter knife (unless in paper).
- Cool a few minutes before serving so people don't burn their mouths.
I cut corners with this by using the pre-cooked chicken strips from Costco, and then the giant refrigerated biscuits. This was a good, quick meal, and the only note to myself I would make is to double the amount of biscuits because there just weren't enough.