Think of chicken pot pie meets cupcakes. This make a great meal on the go or lunchbox surprise. They freeze well. Serve with a leafy salad and that's dinner!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb chicken, skinless diced (I like dark or a mix dark and white)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrot
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese (or use what you have)
- 1Preheat oven to 350F.
- 2In a skillet, cook chicken in oil til no longer pink. Add onions and broth. Simmer.
- 3Add seasoning with peas and carrots. Simmer until all liquid is absorbed.
- 4Take off the heat and cool for a few minutes.
- 5Stir in the cheese.
- 6In a bowl, mix flour baking powder and salt. Cut butter in well or pulse in a food processor.
- 7Add milk and eggs.
- 8In the bottom of a silpat muffin thing (or lined tin or greased tin) place about 1 tablespoon of the biscuit mix. Top with a quarter cup of the filling.
- 9Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the biscuit mix on top.
- 10Bake 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- 11Loosen the sides of each with a butter knife (unless in paper).
- 12Cool a few minutes before serving so people don't burn their mouths.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Dinner in a Muffin
Serving Size: 1 (1350 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 387.2
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 141.8 mg
- Sodium 708.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 20.4 g