1/1 Photo of Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta
This is a simple recipe for two, but I have doubled it to serve four. It is from Paula Deen's magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Creamy Cheesy Pasta
- 1For chicken, in a shallow dish, combine breadcrumbs, thyme, salt, and pepper; set aside.
- 2Brush both sides of chicken breasts with mustard. Dredge chicken in breadcrumb mixture.
- 3In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat.
- 4Add chicken, and cook for 4 minutes.
- 5Add remaining olive oil to skillet, turn chicken, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Place chicken on a cutting board; let rest for 5 minutes.
- 6Cut chicken crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- 7For cheesy pasta, in a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- 8Add garlic and ham; cook for 2 minutes.
- 9Add flour, salt, and pepper; cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Gradually stir in half-and-half.
- 10Cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- 11Add cheese, stirring until melted.
- 12Add hot cooked pasta to pan, tossing gently to coat with sauce.
- 13Spoon creamy cheesy pasta onto serving plates.
- 14Place sliced chicken over pasta.
- 15Garnish with fresh thyme, if desired.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (404 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1025.0
- Calories from Fat 608
- Total Fat 67.6 g
- Saturated Fat 26.4 g
- Cholesterol 185.4 mg
- Sodium 1634.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 51.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: