1/1 Photo of Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta
This is a simple recipe for two, but I have doubled it to serve four. It is from Paula Deen's magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Creamy Cheesy Pasta
- 1For chicken, in a shallow dish, combine breadcrumbs, thyme, salt, and pepper; set aside.
- 2Brush both sides of chicken breasts with mustard. Dredge chicken in breadcrumb mixture.
- 3In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat.
- 4Add chicken, and cook for 4 minutes.
- 5Add remaining olive oil to skillet, turn chicken, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Place chicken on a cutting board; let rest for 5 minutes.
- 6Cut chicken crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- 7For cheesy pasta, in a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- 8Add garlic and ham; cook for 2 minutes.
- 9Add flour, salt, and pepper; cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Gradually stir in half-and-half.
- 10Cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- 11Add cheese, stirring until melted.
- 12Add hot cooked pasta to pan, tossing gently to coat with sauce.
- 13Spoon creamy cheesy pasta onto serving plates.
- 14Place sliced chicken over pasta.
- 15Garnish with fresh thyme, if desired.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (404 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1025.0
- Calories from Fat 608
- Total Fat 67.6 g
- Saturated Fat 26.4 g
- Cholesterol 185.4 mg
- Sodium 1634.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 51.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: